Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Do You Like People?

I found this article which was a funny read.  Writer is number three on the list of careers for people who don't like people.  Good to know, especially since it's not as if we need to do our own promotion.  Also I was very happy to see that the median salary for writers was over 65K a year.  I should be getting my check in the mail soon, right? 

In all honesty I'm pretty sure they lumped in technical writers, add writers, copywriters, and others like that. And I doubt the average salary included those of us wannabes who are working but not getting paid.  Yet.

Personally I'm not very outgoing in real life.  Shocking I know.  But I love the writing community I've found on line.  When we're with other writers we're a pretty outgoing bunch. 

12 comments:

  1. Okay, where in my $65K? LOL! I'm not an introvert nor a big extrovert, but fall somewhere in the middle. All I want to know, is who is getting that money...besides Diana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, people like Diana are raising the average in a big way. That's ok, as long as I get to keep reading her books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got that one right! I'm enjoying SCOTTISH PRISONER! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm way more outgoing online than in person! ;) And I wish I got a check in the mail for that much! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chantele, If I judged from online you are one of the most outgoing people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like people. It's just that most of them scare me. :) I love, love this writing community because it's somehow easier to be more open and be the person that my friends know without being scared of judgement. I don't know why that is. Maybe it's because we're all in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent point Ruth, it's more terror than actual dislike of people. I agree about the writing community. It's a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like people as long as they keep their distance :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Steven, welcome! Distance is good. Some people need more distance than others. I'd make a joke about living 2000 miles from family but I actually miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm terrible at public speaking [g]

    ReplyDelete